Thursday, November 7, 2013

November 4, 2013.....later in the day

Luckily he had a chance to go back and check his email!  I was praying he would!  Makes me feel better knowing he feels loved.  :)


Dear Family,

I thought I would come and check my email again really quick to see if there were any new emails and there were!  Thanks so much for always emailing me and just in the future I would completely understand if things are too busy to write me all the time.  But great to hear from you all.  

I don't think the weather is too cold yet; so far I haven't needed to wear my big winter coat I got yet.  It rains pretty often but not an overwhelming amount.  I will make sure to buy any winter clothes that I need!

Right now I am just finishing the Book of Alma actually.  I plan to just read and study through all the standard works.  I hope to finish reading the Book of Mormon by the new year and have already finished The Pearl of Great Price.   I also love 2 Nephi 4.  Especially the verse where he has just finished saying how imperfect he/all of us are and then says but I know in whom I have trusted or something like that.  All we need to do is trust God.  But I agree with everything you said dad!  I sometimes feel so selfish because there is no way I can thank the Lord for all my wonderful blessings He has given me.  I am so grateful for my wonderful family too.  I feel like I have been put in virtually the best circumstances that anyone could have be born into.  I love you all so much! 

The other Swedish line married into the Benson line I think.  It was really cool to read about them (there was a story on the lds family history site) and how they had a huge estate right by a lake and then sold it all and helped other saints come to Utah.  And they aren't from Göteborg but they are from an area close to it.  If you want to look it up it is called Alingsås.  

I don't know too much of what the English influence is in Gothenburg.  All I know is that virtually everyone in Sweden knows English and there are some immigrants in Gothenburg that don't know any Swedish so we teach to them in English (obviously).  

Anyway good to hear about the sports news. Kinda.  Good to hear about Utah State but that is awful about Michigan.  Dang sparty...   

I am so jealous it has snowed there!  It just slowly gets colder and colder here and rains every little bit.  Its a lot like Michigan because it is always cloudy!  I am also jealous that you guys are going to be skiing soon!  I am really excited to all be skiing together as a family!  That will be so fun!!  Dad I hope you like your new skis!  I am happy that the weather is starting the "fun" part of winter there.  

Oh and yes I do get your letters in the mail.  I just forget to write home and tell you how much I love to hear from you all!  I am sorry I haven't been able to hand write you any letters yet.  Usually at the end of the day I am a little tired and it is hard to just write in my journal so I hope you understand :)  I haven't yet gotten the one that you sent a week ago, but I will be looking for it. 

That is a great idea that you divided up my investigators to remember everyone while praying for them.  I really thank you all for your prayers, for them and for me.  That is fun that you got to go to the Russel's little baby's blessing.  That will be crazy to come home and remember when she was blessed and see that she is almost 2!  And I also found out that Sister Christensen was in Elder Lambson's MTC group so they came to Sweden at the same time!  It is such a small world!

And that is so exciting that Taylor came to shadow Dad.  For a few years once and a while I would wonder how he was doing and where he was.  I will have to talk to him when I get home.  Anyway I love you all so much and miss you all!  Thanks for all the motivating things you guys write and all the letters and the emails!  Love you and have a great week!

Love,

Äldste Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment